Payment Options: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check,
The XPDF Dimmer Fixture Module (Incandescent Only) is designed to control Incandescent bulbs of up to 300W. The XPDF is
small enough to fit inside recessed lighting cans and single gang boxes of new or existing lighting fixtures. This allows hard-wired switching control
from inside a lighting fixture. Responds to On/Off, ALL LIGHTS ON/ALL UNITS OFF, Brighten/Dim commands.
DO NOT USE WITH: APPLIANCES, MOTORS, LOW VOLTAGE LIGHTS OR FLUORESCENT LIGHTS
Specific Requirements: 120VAC, 40-300W, Lamps rated below 40W may flicker and/or operate erratically.
Incandescent Bulbs Only. Only use in fixtures where 60 Degree C wiring is permitted. Max Ambient Operating Temperature: 60C / 140F.
Optional / Supplementary Devices & Modules:
XPT2D - A Wall Transmitter can be located in a single-gang wall box were only Hot and Neutral are needed to operate the lights.
PHK05 - Wireless Remote Kit - Controller
PHR04 - Keychain Remote with PAT01 RF Base Transceiver - Controller.
PHW04D Wireless Wall Controller with PAT01 RF Base Transceiver - Controller.
House Code Dial - Letters A-P, Default "A" Unit Number Dial - Numbers 1-16, Default "1"
Each X10 Receiver Module is set to a unique Unit Number or to an identical Unit Number as desired.
Each X10 Controller operating a specific set of Receiver Modules must be set to the same Letter Code as the Receivers they are controlling.
Responds to ALL LIGHTS ON Command
LOCAL CONTROL circuitry permits the Module to "sense" if a "key-switch" on the fixture is toggled, causing the Module to switch ON.
Nearly all residential homes are wired SPLIT-PHASE. Each 120V Phase is NOT directly connected with the other 120V phase. If after installation,
an X10 Receiver does not respond to a remote Controller, then check to ensure that the breaker serving the X10 Receiver is on the same phase as
the Controller. If not, the breaker can be changed to the opposite phase. An alternative solution is recommended, to install a Phase Coupler for
improving remote communications throughout the home. See www.x10pro.com, click on Tech Support and select PLC Troubleshooting.
1. Turn-Off Power at the Circuit Breaker
2. Identify the wires from the Fixture, Usually Black (HOT) and White (Neutral).
3. Connect the White Neutral wire from the XPDF together with the White Neutral wire coming from the Breaker Panel and the White wire going to
the Light Fixture.
4. Disconnect the Black House HOT wire from the Light Fixture Black HOT lead.
5. Connect the Black House HOT wire to the Black wire of the XPDF.
6. Connect the "Disconnected" Fixture Black Hot lead, to the Blue wire of the XPDF.
7. Check that all connections are tight and no bare wires are exposed.
8. Turn-on Power at the Circuit Breaker.
9. You are now ready to control the XPDF Fixture Module with an X10 Remote Control Module: Desktop, Wall Mounted, Wireless Handheld,
Security Panel, etc. The default address is "A1" and can be changed to anything you choose using the Dial Codes on the front of the XPDF.
10. Send ON/OFF and Brighten/Dim Commands from a Controller to ensure proper operation.
11. Insert the XPDF into the fixture box and re-mount the fixture.
Soft Start On and Fade Off:
When an X10 Command is received causing the Module to turn On, the XPDF will come on at full dim and fade up to the full intensity. An Off
Command will cause the XPDF to fade off (brightening to full intensity and fading to full off takes approx 3 seconds each direction).If you Dim the XPDF to any level and send a Command to turn it off, the dim level is discarded and the Module returns to 100% at the next On Command.